The Diary of a Lonesome Girl
No one likes to be lonely; especially business women. I mean who likes to be the only only at their own business bootcamp or reading their own blog posts? Or worse yet, who likes doing pity business with people who don’t value your worth? Unfortunately, millions of women find themselves in that awkward situation of feeling all by themselves upon launching a business.
Trust me when I say, the struggle of finding a tribe is real. I mean in this content-driven economy we find ourselves, everyone is offering something similar to you. So how do you connect with those who like, know and trust you? Welp, today on this beautiful Valentine’s Day, I’m going to share with you 5 love lessons you can use in your business.
- Be clear about what you offer. In this content-driven economy of what’s in it for me, you must be able to say in 10 words or less what you do for a person. Even if you are a multi-faceted passionpreneur such as myself, you should still be able to have a clear, concise and compelling offer. Accordingly, seek, know and ask people what they like. Similar to romance, find out what they want and love. Once you find their sweet spot, be the resource that provides what people want.
- Be exclusive to a particular audience. You don’t see McDonald’s, Burger King and/or Wendy’s marketing their menu in places heavily populated by vegetarians do you? Similarly, you should remain committed to a particular person. By focusing on one ideal person, you can service them in the morning, noon and evening. #blinkblink Similar to romance, when people know you’re committed to them, they’ll be committed to you.
- Find where your tribe likes to hang out. The root of the lonely girl’s dilemma is that she is not surrounded by the right people. So to attract people to you, you must find where they are. Are they on social media, at church, worship center, in homeless shelters or right outside the unemployment office? Similar to romance, your lover will never get to know you if you’re chained to your desk, hiding behind a book or worse yet sending others out for you. Similarly, step up, show up and be where your type of people are to attract whose meant for you.
- Be the biggest giver. I don’t care what type of business you offer, if you give the biggest compliments, biggest freebies, biggest samples and biggest referrals, people will be attracted to your big heartedness. Similar to romance, bigger is better right? Get your mind out the gutter! I meant bigger love, bigger attention, bigger gifts. Anyhoo, be the biggest giver in the market and others will be attracted to you.
- Stop competing and start completing. f you are in a chat room with a huge group of people who do the exact thing you do, you will get used, abused or ignored. Let’s be real, you are competition. Trust, even if you don’t think you’re competition, no one is connecting with you if you after the type of people they want. Similar to romance, your lover can’t see you if he can’t distinguish you from the rest of your crew. So instead of being comfortable in the sea of sameness, get out the boat and connect with someone who gets you, likes you and feels you. Feel me?
So stop feeling lonely and do something about it! If you take 1 or several of these tips, you’ll never be the lonely girl, but the loved girl. Please share the love with your tribe so that your friends can be my friends and we can all be friends. –Toni Moore